Spoil your mother on Mother's Day with our Mother's Day Sweets Tour, Mother's Day Chocolate Tour or Mother's Day Chocolate Workshop! More info.
© Tasty Tours 2016
JOBS - MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN / TOUR GUIDES
We're looking for superstars to fill the following positions:
• Part-time tour guides
• Marketing & business development intern
We're looking for part-time tour guides for our Kensington Market Sweets Tour & Trinity Bellwoods Chocolate Tour! You can expect to lead between 2-4 tours per month (10 hours a month or less), or even less if you would prefer to operate on an on-call basis.
Please do not apply if you are seeking a time-intensive job.
The person we're looking for:
• Available to lead regular public tours (Sat, 11am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm)
• Able to work at least some weekdays and weekends
• Passionate and knowledgeable about sweet history & current affairs, especially in the Toronto
food scene (or can demonstrate willingness to learn)
• Previous experience in tour-guiding, public speaking or comfortable with groups
• Ability to think on your feet and deal with unexpected events
• Friendly, outgoing and customer-oriented
• Experience in the hospitality industry is an asset
• Humour is a huge plus!
• Proficiency in other languages is a bonus
Marketing & Business Development Intern
We're looking for a bright and motivated intern with an interest in the tourism sector and an entrepreneurial mindset to help develop our growing business. There are 2 main aspects to this internship. You will be responsible for business development and marketing. As well, you will coordinate and lead tours as a tour guide. This position is excellent for tourism & hospitality students or those interested in small business and small business marketing.
You are expected to spend approximately 5-10 hours a week on the first portion, working remotely with flexible hours. Tours make up an extra 2-5 hours depending on need. You will be compensated for tours. In addition, you will receive an honorarium upon successfully completing the 3 month internship (months of internship can be discussed), with a variable component based on commission.
The person we're looking for:
• Quick learner with a thirst for excellence
• Thrives in an independent and fluid working environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Confident and able to represent Tasty Tours to industry partners and prospective customers in person, phone or email
• Web-savvy and experience with online marketing, including social media
• Proficiency in HTML, Photoshop etc is a plus
Please refer below for more information on the tour guide portion of the internship.
Do you think you have what it takes to be our tour guide or marketing & business development intern?
If so, please send your resume and a brief paragraph explaining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org, and specify the job position you are seeking in the email subject field. Priority will be given to applicants applying for the internship.